Hair loss, it’s a big issue when it starts happening to you. It can knock your confidence, worry you that it won’t stop falling out and cause untold stress.
So what can you do?
Well as a Naturopath I look at the root cause of the problem. So depending on why your locks are ending up on the floor rather than your head, I will advise on an appropriate course of action for you.
Some of the remedies and therapies I use:
· Herbs- my favourite is Polygonum multiflorum, also known as Fo Shu Wu. This works on the blood flow, so helps when the root cause is poor circulation to the peripheries. Not only stops current hair falling out but stimulates new growth
· Oils – mix sesame oil with a pinch of cayenne and massage the scalp
· Hats or towels – wear a turban towel or wooly hat to bed, yes I’m not winding you up. Keeping the scalp warm helps to promote blood flow to the scalp, feeding the hair follicles for healthy hair.
· Foods – Thyroid issues can be implicated so using foods to help balance the thyroid will help hair growth/loss
· Hormone balance – high testosterone can also be a cause. Using herb and diet combinations can help to rebalance hormones.
· Meditation – yes, meditation. Stress can be a prominent cause of hair loss so anything that helps lower stress levels can help
The main thing is to realise that hair loss is not irreversible and doesn’t always need expensive solutions. Find out what is causing your hair to fall out then rebalance that.
To find out more, you can contact Carina at
T -(087) 0978880,
E - email@example.com
W - www.itsanaturalchoice.com,
A - Lisnolan, Manulla, Castlebar, Co Mayo, F23 C922
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.