Cut it out (or maybe don't)
How do you lose weight, get healthy or fit using what you eat? Is it all about cutting out foods we know are not the best for us? Well the answer is a little yes but a lot no. Let me explain.
In order to get long-term, good and achievable results your focus needs to shift more towards what foods are good for you rather than what food is not good for you. How many of us have done a variety of diets that felt like pure hell? Always thinking about the foods we aren’t supposed to be eating and driving ourselves crazy just trying our best not to eat them.
This year try a new approach. Rather than focussing on what you “can’t eat” why not put your focus on what you need to eat more of.
If you eat natural produce (cuts of meat, poultry, fish, seafood, dairy, fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, legumes etc none of which should be processed) as 80% of your diet, the other 20% can be the foods you have been telling yourself you can’t eat, it will help you reach your weight goals and health goals without the turmoil.
This year is all about changing the patterns that just didn’t work for you before, this includes ones that gave you short term results but nothing stuck.
So go and have a look in your fridge and imagine what it would look like if it contained 80% natural foods. The next time you go shopping try to aim for 80% of your trolley to be natural produce (Your eating starts with your shopping choices). Put your natural produce foods at one end of your trolley and your products at the other so you can have a clear visual.
You will need lots of easy tasty recipes if you are going to change your diet so feel free to check out my website and social media pages for these. Don’t forget to like and share the ones you like and I’ll share more like those.
So this year I want you to focus on what you can have and not on what you can’t.
You can follow carina at:
Follow her journey on Facebook & Instagram:
It’s A Natural Choice
We love breaking fads
Join Facebook group – The Natural Health Tribe
Leave a Reply.
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.