Are you an early bird or a night owl?
Would you say you’re a night owl or an early bird? Would you think it could make a difference to your health? We need 8 hours sleep so it shouldn’t matter when you get those 8 hours right? Wrong!
I remember, many many moons ago, working permanent night duties in A&E while I was nursing. After a month I was feeling sick, after 6 months I was really sick. I knew it wasn’t good for my health but at the time it was a way to save quickly so I could go traveling.
Since then I have learnt to look at what the body can and can’t take and thought long and hard about what is worth it to me.
So here are some simple rules that can make a real difference when done consistently
• An hours sleep before 10pm is worth 2 hours compared to that after 10pm
• Getting up before 7am will leave you feeling more energized and less lethargic than sleeping in
• Switch off the phones/social media/computer games an hour before bed An Epsom salt bath before bed helps you sleep
• Magnesium taken in the evening promotes sleep
• Eat your dinner before 7pm so your sleep isn’t disturbed by your digestion
Herbal teas can help relax the body for sleep – chamomile, Passion flower, oats, hops, lemon balm and many more
The most important things you can do is to decide it’s important to get a If you are struggling with sleep and need an appointment, contact carina.
To find out more, you can contact Carina at T -(087) 0978880,
E - email@example.com
W - www.itsanaturalchoice.com,
A - Lisnolan, Manulla, Castlebar, Co Mayo, F23 C922
Leave a Reply.
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.