We are going through some strange and uncertain times at the moment with the Coronavirus, it’s all anyone can talk about.
I’m a great believer in not getting bogged down with the fear of what could happen, but to focus on what we can do to give us a more positive outcome. Fear and anxiety lower our vibration whereas hope raises it. Fear also weakens the immune system, which is something none of us want to be doing right now.
So how can we do focus on the positives? Well let’s start by looking at what we can do?
· Social distancing – slow the curve - There are so many theories going around a the moment, social distancing or herd immunity. The simple fact is if we expose everyone to this virus in one go our health systems will not cope and we will end up with a situation like Italy, having to choose who to try to save rather than being able to try for everyone.
· Wash your hands – it is shocking how quickly you can spread a virus by touch, use good old fashion soap or hand sanitisers.
· Don’t panic – hopefully by now we have stopped buying up all the toilet paper. Keep a calm head, we are all in this together going through the same thing, remember that.
· Cook – yes, cook, from fresh, plenty of colour, lots of vegetables. Nutrients are your bodies building blocks, this includes your immune system, lungs and heart. Boost your resistance. Keep and eye on my social media - facebook, twitter, instagram for regular recipes to try out.
· Herbs – in China we have been hearing how the use of Traditional Chinese Medicines (herbal medicines) has played a large role in their recovery rates. Some studies are finding Gingko biloba a very effective herb with the Coronavirus, I think it’s very interesting when you look at the law of similar and that the leaf of the Gingko tree looks remarkably like a lung. As herbalists we treat the person, not the symptom, there is never a one fits all solution. Irish herbalists have a wide range of herbal medicines in their dispensaries. contact me if you need a herbal consultation.
· Supplements – there are a few supplements that can help your immunity – High dose vitamin C (till bowel tolerance – take increasing doses each day till your bowels loosen, then go back to the dose the day before), zinc, vitamin A & D and Probiotics.
Keep calm, this will pass, we are seeing the first countries affected seeing decreasing rates of the virus now.
I will be offering 30 minute consults at a reduced rate, online or over the phone for those wishing to get a tailored herbal tincture during this time.
To find out more, you can contact Carina at
T -(087) 0978880,
E - email@example.com
W - www.itsanaturalchoice.com,
A - Lisnolan, Manulla, Castlebar, Co Mayo, F23 C922
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.