2 cups/150g rolled or quick oats
· 2 cups apple juice
· 1 apple, cored and grated with the peel
· 1 cup dried fruit, nuts & seeds
· 1-2 tablespoons honey/maple syrup (optional)
· Toppings : your favourite fresh and/or dried fruit, nuts, toasted coconut, etc.
· Our favorites: blueberries, strawberries, raisins, banana, apple, pear and hazelnuts
1. Combine oats, apple juice nuts, seeds and dried fruit and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
2. In the morning add the grated apple, honey (to taste), and mix well.
3. Top with your favorite fruits and nuts.
* If you are short on time in the mornings, you can add the grated apple the night before to save a few minutes
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.