We have all done it! Sabotaged ourselves when we are trying to do something good. I see it all the time in the clinic, but sometimes all it takes to stop is to recognize what you are doing and to decide enough is enough
So what are the top 9 sabotages I see with clients?
1. Skipping meals – you always make up for the calories and more, and with unhealthy food because you feel you deserve the treat. Skipped meals lead to binge eating, especially late at night
2. Binge eating at the weekend – we all know someone who is a food angel during the week and a food devil by the weekend, that bottle of wine, takeaway, nights out and hangover food.
3. You become too focused on your weight – it becomes too big, a pressure, an unachievable goal. In reality like most things if you just concentrate on the small steps in front of you, you are more likely to succeed.
4. You weigh yourself too often - weight fluctuates naturally, and the second you think it is going the wrong way you binge or give in.
5. Power of advertising – you buy into the claims of healthy food advertising. Many so called healthy big brand foods are not completely healthy. Granola bars, breakfast biscuits, fruit drinks
6. First hurdle and you fall –Think of anything else you achieved first time you tried it, not too many things will come to mind
7. All or nothing – this makes it impossible
8. Exercise – if you use it as a reward or punishment. Make it about what you put in your mouth, not what you have to do to burn it off
9. Time – it took a long time to develop bad habits but we do not give ourselves the same time to break them.
Small consistent steps are the key to any healthy changes, anyone can do this, it just takes time and a strong enough desire to make the change.
To find out more, you can contact Carina
email her firstname.lastname@example.org, check out her website at www.itsanaturalchoice.com
Follow my journey on Facebook & Instagram – It’s A Natural Choice
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.