Well we finally made it out of 2020! It was a hard year for most but hopefully things will look brighter for 2021.
Whilst we cannot control decisions made by others we can control our own, so this year let’s keep our decisions simple and manageable.
Eating for health should never be extreme, or a quick fix. The best way to eat healthy is to make it normal. Good food, tasting great from local organic vendors where possible.
Here’s my 5 simple tips to get you started for a healthy 2021:
1. Eat more veggies! Try introducing 3 different colours of fresh vegetables every day to your diet.
2. Drink your water! Find things you do regularly during the day and use them as a reminder to drink a glass of water. When you brush your teeth, have a glass of water, when you’re driving bring a bottle of water and take a drink while waiting at traffic lights, when you sit down to watch your favourite program drink a glass of water
3. Meatless Monday. Try at least one dinner a week plant based. Bean chilli, vegetable stew, homemade soup, vegetable lasagna.
4. Meditation. There are some great free meditations on YouTube. I often listen to a meditation to go to sleep. Done regularly it can have a very beneficial effect on stress
5. Follow the serenity prayer, it can help you let go of tension you didn’t even know you were holding:
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference
Wishing you all a happy and Healthy 2021
This is general advice, if you have a medical condition please check with a professional before commencing any new treatments or lifestyle plans.
You can follow carina at www.itsanaturalchoice.com
Follow her journey on Facebook & Instagram – It’s A Natural Choice
Carina Kennedy was formerly a Nurse, now a Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist living in the west of Ireland. Her passion is food, health and teaching clients to gain control of their life with simple techniques.